Elder Hawkey's Mailing Address

Packages and Letters:


Elder Bryce Hawkey
La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias
C.C 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013

Family :) how are you guys?

I am writing you guys today with totally humility and I hope I can express today how truely Greatful I am for the Lord and his such sacred work.

the situation out in here Junin was a chalanging one, when we came out here they had an atendanse og 19 our first sunday and an average of about 26..... This past weeknd all our hard work payed off and we had 57 in Sacrement meeting. I realy cant put into words what I am feeling but more thanm anything truely gretful. I had been strugling this past couple weeks, like we all know when something big is about to happen there is always oposition and alot of it and me and my comapino have experiensed literally everything you can think of. This past week we went over the transfer and planned for the new one at hand, I knew we had to continue on with animo (excitment) energy and I knew more than anything we had to work with faith and dilegense. So Like i said last week, we set our goals and are determined to reach them. This week We truely did see miracles, we worked so hard this week, like I never have in my life and I huimbly testify to you that with the Lord all things are posible. We were able to see 13 investigators along with 5 of their kids coe to churchto what was literally the most spiritual meeing of my life. President Carter was out here for the weekend and it was the best sacrement iv ever been to in my life and like i said it was jamed packed. We have been meeting with and trying to reacivate a ton of inactives and all the work payed off with them comnig to church.... I really cant put things into words how happy or full of joy I really am. But i want to tell you gus that I know, without a doubt in my mind that miracles are real and that when we give everythign we have, not 99% but the full 100% literally anything is posible with the help of our father in heaven.

Alma 26: 12) Yea I know that I am nothing,, as to my strength I am weak therfore I will not boast of myself but I will boast ofmy God, for in his strength I can do all things, behold many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land for which we will praise his name forever.
27)Now when our heartes were depressed and we were about to turn back , behold the Lord did Comfort us , and said, Go amongst thy bretheren the lamanites (Juninites) and bear with thinw afliction and I wil give you success.

I humbly testif that I know that if we really do set our minds and hearts to a good cause and give it everythign we have our Lord is able to work with us to acomplish all things. We cant do it ourselves, we have to trust in him and do literally everything it takes, being completely selflless, just as was His Son Jesus Christ. Even he asked during his agoning atonment for each one of us Father is there not another way?¨I can only imnagine how Hard it was for him literally bleeding form evbery pore but then he followed the statement by saying. "not my will but rather thy will be don" Wow what an example, the greatest example of all time showing upermost himuility to do the will of the Father. In no way can we ever comapre anything we could ever do to the Atoning sacrafice of Chrsut but that is realy how we all ( including me) need to be, Thinking not of ourselves, but of others and whet our Father in Heven needs us to do, and then we just have to be wililng to do it.

I know this to be true thugh and I know that with this kind of vision, as was our Savior, all things are posible. I know that this is the Lords work, I know with all my heart that he answers prayers and that when we give it our all, he can and will work miracles through you. I know that This church ius true and I KNow this is where I need to be in my life. Right here in Junin: Were excited thgouh because this is only the beging, :) these 5 families taht came to church this past weekend all have lpanss tro enter the waters of baptism in the month of August. :) I really can tell you that I am living the dream out here and this is going to be the best month of my life... tahts anotrher thing too, the only thing stoping each and everyone of us, form having the best day, week or month, is ourselves :) be positive and Just do it :)

I am so greatful for you guys and all you do for me, you guys are such a support and I pray for youguys every day. More than anything I am greatful to be part of such a great work. To be able to represent Our Savior Jesus Christ, to do as he did, and maybe just maybe after all that we can or suffer can repay him for but the samllest part of what HE did for each and every one of us in his atonment. I love this work and I know that the Misison is the most important thing anyone could evr do in their lives.

HAve an awesome week,

Aloha,


Elder Hawkey

No comments:

Post a Comment