Elder Hawkey's Mailing Address

Packages and Letters:


Elder Bryce Hawkey
La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias
C.C 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17, 2012


Hola Familia! que pasa?
 
How are you guiys? how is everything out in Yuma and tucson? Iv been thinkin about you all alot this week and prayin for you all cada dia. Thank you again for all the letters and what not, seriously mail time around this place is like a huige event. Its always good gettin letters and what not, it puts a big smile on my face :) so thank you everyone, keep it up. dearelder.com is the way to go :)
 
Tings here in the mtc are going really well. Its our seventh week here and were all coming along just fine. OUr spanish classes are getting alot harder but as our spanish keeps inproving they really arnt that bad. 2- 3 and a half hour classes a day thoguh is a little rough. were hjangon in there thoguh. The tempo of the classes has picked up  big time and we dont review as much over past lessons. Class has switched over to completely spanish by the teacher and our district set a goal for none of us to speak english in the classrooom> things can get a lil quite in there somrtimes lol jk. Were all coming along well thoguh. Seriously I say this so much but the gift of tounges is so real. Its taken me 19 years to master english and im still not even that good at it. ha ha. We ahve seriously learned so much in such a short period of time, its seriously incrredible. Just thinking about it bloows my mind.
 
Some of my friends are startin to get here which is really nice. I saw Christian HAnsen the other day and we talked for a while. That same night imwalkin around the dorms and he lives like right around the corner from me. ha ha it was funnny. LIke literally just like in college. Its good to have familia faces around here and to see people in the missionary setting. ME and Chris have been havin some good talks at night.... WHen is Kurt DAvis comin? Garret Jefferies?
 
Thias place has seriously allowed me to grow up so much, like its weird. College was good for me but iv grown so much here and its only been 7 weeks. To go along with Spanish we learn so much about the gospel and are able to grow so much spiritualy. We had a devotional on tuesday and guess who was there?.... L. TOm perry, it was way amazing. That guy is seriously a man called by God. He came on the anniversary of the restoration of the priesthood, so he gave an amaizng talk about the priesthood and how important it is in our lives. IM so greatful and blessed to have the priesthood, it is seriously such a gift and blessing in my life.
 
The visa situation is seriously goin from bad to worse for Argentina. I guess the Argentin government thinks there too many north american people in there country so visas are like almost being stopped given out. IDk thoguh, like some kids get em and some kids get reasigned. Anyone wanna look some info up on linle and send it my way? cause all we hear is rumors around this place and the travel office will only talk to you within 5 days of your departure date ha ha so if someone could google that me and my district would be greatly thankful. We pray every day that we will get them and I invite you guys to pray for them as well. It would really mnean alot, thank you guys so much.
 
This place is amazing thoguh, like such an honor to be here. It really is a once in a lifetime experience to be able to be in such a spiritual place and to grow and learn so much ion such short periods of time.... I love you all so very much and pray for you all todo dia cada dia ( all day every day).  I think about you all alot and am greatful for each one of you and the great example you set for me now and in the past. Seriously I love you all so much and am truely blessed to have such an amazing family and friends, and Girlfreiend :)). I miss you all so much , but find comfprt in the spirit and the scripures.
 
I know without a doubt that this is where i am suppossed to be. It would be nice to be out there with you all abnd for support but i know that I was forordained to serve my mission. I am so greatful and humbled by this amazing opportunity. I know the Church is true. I know that through hevenly father and his plan we can live with our families forever and through Christ we can be truely happy. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that it was transelated corectly by a man of God. I invite you all to read it daily, evebn if its just a little bit. I find comfort in reading it and it really invites the spirit, i invite you all to make a ernest effort to read it each day.
 
I love you all so much, your support seriously means the world to me :)) i will see you all in a few short years and am looking forward to talking to you guys in 2 weeks when we get to go to the mission field ( wherever that may be for us lol) I hope you all have an amazing rest of the week. Be good, stay safe, say your prayers, obey the rules, and have fun.
 
Aloha,
 
Elder Bryce Hawkey

No comments:

Post a Comment