Elder Hawkey's Mailing Address

Packages and Letters:


Elder Bryce Hawkey
La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias
C.C 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013

Family! How are you guys? How is everything? I feel liek its been a long while sinse Iv had some tranquilo time to write you guys. We have a real p day today so im excited. Its been a while thoguh and alot has happened sinse last week, ha ha

To start off , President Carter came out to Junin to make some changes in the leadership out here this weekend. Were part of a district ( not a stake) which is under the direction of the msision so President Carter is the stake president as well. He came out here this weekend and is was amamzing. He took us all out to a super nice dinner, it was a super nice night and smothing differnt. Along with the dinner he brought 2 new sister misisonaries out here ha ha before it was us and 2 other sisters but now sinse wev been tearing it up so much out here he seent me 2 more sister misisonaries for the branch and for my distrcit. NOw that makes 8 of us, and 6 of us out here in the branch of Junin, ME and my companion and 4 sister misisonaries ha ha Iv never had sisters in my didstrict so its been a bit differnt but there seriosuly all way legit, super hard workerswith strong testimonies. Its literally history in the making out here. The first time in  over 10 years Junin has had more than 2 comapnionships :)  Along with the new sisters like I said there was some big changes in the leadership out here... I got released as young mens president... and now they called me as first counciler in the bishopric ha ha I honestly still cant even really believe it . IM super excited thoguh and its going to be a great opportunity to serve. It is a little weird, President of the branch is a grown man and our second counciler is Hno Ulgine, who served like 3 misisons with his wife, so we have a killer team out here and were excited to help the branch out... The past weeks we have been working hard , like super hard and little for little we are seeing the fruits of our labors. we had like20 attendense the first week and Yesterday we had 38 :) we have been reactivating a full out here and have some good baptism planned for the coming weeks.We have been working with a way cool MOm and her daughters and they should be getting baptized here soon. Wev been a fulll though and it has been such an amazing experiense! 

haha who would have think thoguh, punk kid turned around in a year and a half to be district leader trainer and first counciler of the bishopric. Let me tell you MIracles are real. I say that in a sort of Joking way but at the same time I am so seriouse. Thatts one thing though that iv learned out here, in so many others but most importantly in myself. That everyone can change and progress. It doesnt matter what type of situation your in or what type of life you have, anyone can change, anyone can progress and find true happiness . You have to be wiling to pay the price thoguh and do all that is required. I know that to be true thoguh, I know that chnage is not easy, for anyone, but i KNow without qa doubt that anyone and everyone has the opportunity. Thanks to our Savior and his antonment the most crazy or difficulkt circumstanses can be wiped clean and started over. Thanks to him we really can find true happiness that doesnt last a little while, or a few years or even alifetime, but a happiness that lasts way more than that, literally for enernity. We have to put in our part thoguh, evey one of us. He doesnt ask much of us just a little sacrifice to do his will in frontt of our own. I know though that with sacrifice comes blessing and creates whole new poeple.... The misison= the best experiense ever!

IM loving it out here thoguh, me and Elder MAnzano get along super well and its seriosuly like IM not even training him. Hes such a cappo and we seriously have been working so hard out here together. A true special time in my miiosn and life with this kid, we have literally seen miracles together and experiensed things that i can not ever forget. I cant wait for you guys to meet him, all my kids are legit, but his espesailly. ha ha Hes from Mendoza Argentina , one day well for sure have to go visit him. 

The appartemnt situation is going good, still kickin it in the mansion and the past week we got our water heater fixed. Hot water in the manison with a cappo coampion, an Elder seriously couldnt ask for more. Junin is super legit thoguh, check out some pictures online :) I have some taken but i forgot my card reader today, ha ha i know, I comit thoguh I will send pictures next week thogh.

Othger than that though not really too much going on out here. Just LIving the dream and absolutley lovin it out here. Like I said the mission is the best experiense ever. All those that have the chanse to serve one, dont even think twice, just do it. Its so hard to make the step of faith but I promsie you it is worth it. Like every week I wirte you guys but theres things that seriosuly no matter how bad i want to justr cant be put into words, its just somehting you have to experiense !

I want you guys to knwo though that i know this church is true. I know that without a doubt that the Book of MOrmon is the word of God. I know that miracles are real and that our father in heaven is ther to bless and help every single one of us. He will always be there for us but we have to do our part.  ( d&C 88:62-64 )  I know this is the work of the Lord and i know that the msiosn is the most rewarding experiense ever.

Love you guys! have an awesome week.


aloha,



Elder HAwkey

No comments:

Post a Comment