Elder Hawkey's Mailing Address

Packages and Letters:


Elder Bryce Hawkey
La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias
C.C 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 20, 2012


Hola Familia!
 
How are you guys? how are things out in the real world? I would like to start by thanking everyone for all the pacages letters and support. Seriously getting mail in this place just makes your day and for me it really keeps me goin. THank you everyone for all the goodies and treats. The letters i have gotten here have really touched me and its good to know i have the support of my family and friends back home.
 
So its just been another week in the most spiritual place on earth. Its a good thing though, LIke I thought it was going to be like church all the time but its really not. I love it here though.SO this week we have been hiten the books hard, taking our spanish to the next level. This place is crazy. Seriously I have learned so much its absolutely incredible. The gift of tounges is real, no way without it and the spirit could I have been able to learn this much in such a short period of time. It has only been 2 and a half weeks in here but it seems to almost be like a time warp. HA ha like sometimesa were like it seems like wev been in here forever but then other times it seems like wev been in this place for like a day. Its weird. LIke i cant even explain how amazing it is. Its just one of those things you have to experience i guess. We have a group of about 4 teachers that are seriously the coolest guys ever. THEre so good at teachiong at so good at spanish, seriously I inspire to be those guys.
 
LAst sunday we had an absolutly incredible devotional. LIke it was up there on the best sundays i have ever had. We roll into this thang like 15 before thinking wed be fine but we get in there and its packed, were about to leave when the usher says there was 4 seets in the frint. We walk up there and were like three rows from the pulpit, it was so tight. We had no idea who was speaking or what we were in store for. As the president of the mtc opened he anounced that M Rusell BAllard and his wife were going to be talking to us. Brither brown the MtC president startyed off with a really good talk about the importance of missionary work and how it important for us to give it our all for this will truwely be the best 2 years. After his talk the had a specail musical number by guess who?....... Yup, David Archeleta. It was imncredible. Serilously that litle kid is incredible, hes got amazing pipes. He sung the spirit of god and absolutly killed it. LIke kids were literally crying in there it was awesome. Since hes learning spanish he did the 2nd verse in spansih, aww itnwas sweet!. LIke just that right there seemed to be so much. After this amazing performance we were able to hear from M russell BAllard. He gave such an amazing talk. That right there is seriously a man of God. He talked about missions and how what we are doing out here is setrting up the foundation for the rest of our lives. What we are doing out here is important but this is ponly the first step. We will lwearn from our missions so much and we will become better men and grow s. THe experiences we have here shape us to the man we willl be, and its so true. LIke this missiona has already alowed me to grow so much > I know the experiences I have had and are going to have not only in Argentina but in the MTC are going to make me a better . A better father. A better son. A better husband A better brother, just an all around better man.... His talk was so insperational and really taken to heart. The spirit in the room was so strong and it was really emotional too. We finished the devotional by singing called to serve!... Seriously one of the best sdundays ever.... Definetly the best here so far!
 
THings here are going good though, Im holdin in there and I think ill be alright. I m**s you guys all so much but know this is where I am supposed to be. From the second I walked in this place I just knew without a doubt that this is where I am supposed tpo be right. I look forward to learning more and growing even more. I cant wait to serve the PEople of Argentina !
 
Thank you again for all of your support,
 
I LOve you all so much
 
If you have time go onto lds.org and go to the mormon message portion. Watch " Your day for a mission"
 
All is well and i hope and pray all is well with you guys.
 
 
Aloha,
 
 
Elder Hawkey

No comments:

Post a Comment