Elder Hawkey's Mailing Address

Packages and Letters:


Elder Bryce Hawkey
La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias
C.C 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 13, 2012

Bryce will be having surgery on his hand next week. He is in a lot of pain right now, and having a hard time typing and writing. Because of that, he apologizes for the misspellings and typos. 


Hola Familia!
 
How is everyone? how are things in the real world? ha ha. I hope you guys know that i miss you all alot and pray for you guys every day. Its funny though like i went into the MTC being so worried about so many different things, being here has mellowed me out and calmed me down. LIke i care and miss you  guys so much but like i dont worry about you. I have faith in our Savior and i know that EVERYTHING is going to be just fine. Its been truely amazing to be able to feel so comfoted in here even though im so far from you all.
 
The MTC: Heaven on earth. Honestly there is no other real way to describe it than that. This place is incredible. The spirit is so string here and everyone is so freiendly. LIterally no other place in the world will you find this many 19 year old boys acting so mature and so dilegently. Thats one thing I love here, that everyone genuinly wants to be here. LIke in college you had those kids that  were just there but here its different. Everyone wants to be here. LIke everyone understands that we are missionaries and acts and does acordingly...OUr spanish is coming along muy bien! like its insane. We hjave this progressive investigator that we teach each day named Jporge. THe first day we were so nervouse and could hardly get gthrouhg a lessdon. As the days progress it gets easier and easier. LIke we go in there with literally a basic outline and end up talking to him in spanish for like an hour and a half. Its unreal. LIke the spirit when we teach is incredible. I find me and my companion saying things in there that we have barly been over and like carying full on coversations with him, its unreal. The gift of tounges is real !....So its p day today and wev finally gotten through a whole week. We are supposed to go to the temple tonight but i cant cause of my doctors appointment in a bit. The food here is awesome. Way better than Hawaii. LIke it really is all you can eat, its good stuff. GYm here is awesiome too, it gets way intense! Wev all been playing volleyba;ll and were actually gettin pretty good. I might be able to take my Girl when i get home, who knows ;) THe classes are going good both language and church. We have three teachers that are amazing at Spanish and they are such good guys, I inspire to be like them one day. I think it would be really cool to come back here and teach! thatd be sweet. The one complaint I have about this place is the showers , they are horrivble. They go from like the core of the earth bioiling hot water to like ant artic frozen glacier water, its crazy. BUt i guess if thats the worst thjing here well be just fine. ME and my companion aree getting along well, hes an amazing guy and seriosly one of my best friends. LIke our whole district is so close and we havnt even known eachother 2 weeks. LIke its loco. Our district president Elder call is incredible and seriouly someone I strive to be. We take alot of pictures but it takes a week and a half tio print pictures here. I will send some soon thouigh :)) Promise
 
My hand: so they day i get here my hand starts hurtin, Progressivly it getts worse and worse so I go to the doctior. We got to leave campus to get x rays so it was pretty cool. The doctor here says i either broke my hand otr i have a sist, either one i dont look forward tio hearing though. It hurts but i manage. I have an appointment with a hand doctor in like an hour so well figure out whats wrong and gett my fixed up. No nworries though :) Im going to be just fine!! I priomise
 
Easter: TAlk about a good first sunday here. It was incredinble. We had a special Devotional just for the misssionaries, we knew someone big was cpomin but we had no idea. It was Boyd K. PAcker. It was incredible. That right there is a man od God. LIke he brings the spirit so string by just being in the room. HE gave an amazing talk about our missions and how important they are in not only our lives but in the big plan of things. LIke we atre literally bringing up the kingdom of God. that right there just gives me goosebumps because it is so true. HE talked about how our missions will not be easy but how they will bless us and our families eternally and that it will be something that we never regret. The main thing that got me was how he taklked sabout how fear is the opposite of faith. In here I try to be as close as I can to our savior through my faith in him and his plan. LIke thsat hits me so deep because its the truth. I have no fear for all I want is my heart to be filled with faith. I know our Savior lives and I know there is nothing else I could be doing right now that could be so rewarding. I know the Booko of MOrmon is true and I know that the spirit is real. I know You guys will all be just fine.
 
Thank you everyine for all the emails and letter and pacages. THey really mean alot. Keep those dear elder letter comin , they seriously make my day and keep me goin. I LOve and miss you all very much. Never fotrget it. Dont worry about me though for I am doinhg what is right, Im sure of it. This is where I am supposed to be. Pray often and keep on takin it easy. This thang will be over before you know it so enjoy the time to yourselves. Hope all is  weIll. see you guys soon :)
 
 
Aloha,
 
Elder HAwkey

No comments:

Post a Comment