Elder Hawkey's Mailing Address

Packages and Letters:


Elder Bryce Hawkey
La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias
C.C 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 18, 2012


Hola there familia!
 
How are you guys? how are things out in AZ and everywhere? Dad gettin out of the hospial today! thats way sweet! good to hear, i know all will be well. It was good to hear from al you guys though this week, I just read all your emails :) thank you so much. I got some mail too this week, that was awesome, really made my week :) Mom i got your tie clip too so thank you for that, lil pacages like that they can put in our mailbox. BUt how is everyone? everything?
 
THings here are amaizng. Honestly thats the only word I can use to describe my experience here so far. LIke missions are incredibly, truely life changing. Not gonna lie, its alot of hard work, cookin all your own meals, walkin everywhere , gettin up early, startin your own shower lol, but things have seriously been awesonme. Like my companion is way cool and we have a way good tiime with whatever were doing, evern if it may not be the funnest thing in the world ( walkin miles to see an investigator) But like we underst6and why were here and how important it is. So we do what we need to do :) thats one thing I love like how the hard things become so much easier with a good positive mindset.
 
So Elder Bell is a way good guy. And a way good Trainer. Hes been out here in Tennessee for a year and a half now and this dude is seriously a stud. Hes a way good missionary, a way hard worker , a way good trainher, and his spanish is legit! I inspire to be like this guy one day. We have alot of fun though. Like thats one thing we established up front. Everything we do we go Hard at. And thats how it is and I love it :)
 
So missionary work itself is pretty difficult, alot of people dont really want to hear what you have to say. But when you find someone who does and who wants to better themselves it is truely amazing. We have this invesigator named Jose Chicas. Dude is incredible, so prepared for us and so acceptive to the message andd principals we teach him. Hes got a hurt foot so we meet with him almost every day, which is really rare for this area. A lot of people work in construction with no set schedules so they never know when their going to be home. Like I know there way a reason we met this man. Its been so amazing and rewarding to see first hand how he is progressing and developing a relationship with his father in heaven. This week he told us something that really got to me. Keep in mind this is a man who is out of a job right now because he broke his foot. He lives in an apartment 2 bedrooms with like 12 guys, all they have in there is airmatresses. HEs really strugling right now without work but he told us that he kinows he broke his foot for a reason, to be able to meet us.. Aww like I cant even put it into words. Its so humbling to like hear him say that. Its been amazing to help him and see him grow. I , as well, know that there is a reason we met him. I seriously Love that guy. We hope to set a baptisimal date with him this week so keep it in your prayers.
 
Aww the mission: The best decision I have ever made. Iv learned so much and gorwn so much in such a short period of time. LIke with all these experiences it just  makes all the hard times worth it. LIke I miss you guys so much but I know this is where I need to be, Its hard fopr us all but Im doin this for me, for the people, as well as for you guys. KNow that I always think about you and that Your always in my prayers, all individually.
 
I am so greatful and blessed to have such amazing family, froends, and girlfriend as you guys. Like seriously you are amazing. I Love you guys all so much. Your support really keeps me going, I hope you know that.
 
I hope you guys all know that I know Of the truthfullness of this message. I know this churchg is true and that Joseph smith truely did restore the gospel that we have in the world today. Its such a privelage and honor to be able to share this message and this happiness with other people! Althoguh its been only a few weeks like this whole experience has been incredioble!
 
Im makin you proud out here guys, know that. IM sendin out letters today too so keep an eye out for thouse. Thank you for the support. I will talk to you all soon! Hope all is well with you guys
 
 
Aloha,
 
Elder HAwkey

No comments:

Post a Comment